We have heard that we are what we eat, think, or fill in the blank. What about what we want out of life? Do we have any power in connecting with IT?
I think when we focus on what we want, it becomes like a magnet. All we can do is think about it. How can we get it? How can it come to me? We have the power in our mind attract whatever we desire, if you ask.
The two mantras I tell myself day daily are, “Believe in yourself before others do” and “Like attracts like”. The first one may be easy to understand but you can also read my blog about it, too. The second one was something I found to supplement the first.
When I decided to try working for myself by helping others, I could not think beyond helping one client at a time. Overtime I realized my circles of influence was changing. I admired business owners who were making a name for themselves. I dropped the gossip magazines and picked up business magazines. I liked what was in front of me and wanted to learn from those ahead of me.
Proof this works: The past two years I have balanced a part-time job with my full-time consulting business. My employer is very flexible and I have been grateful for the past 9.5 years. A year ago I met our new district manager. I introduced myself a little more confident and felt a connection with him and his work ethic. Throughout the year, we would talk about how he got where he was and what my interests were in and outside the company. There was a mutual respect for one another. Earlier this week, I received a personal invitation to attend a Regional District Manager meeting from him. When word got to my immediate managers, eyebrows were raised. Something my district manager saw in me told him I belong in that meeting.
What you like will be attracted to you in these steps:
- Never stop dreaming. Dream big and continue to dream bigger than you ever thought possible.
- Visualize your dream to give life to it. If you want a million dollars and all you are doing is playing the lottery, well, change your vision and …
- Take action. What can you do today to make changes for a better tomorrow?
- Reflect.Big success comes from smaller victories.
- Don’t give up.
- Surround yourself with like-minded people who are going to hold you accountable and push you further.
- Set a deadline. When you live out your dreams, a deadline can be more powerful than you think. A deadline can be a subtle reminder you can accomplish what you have set out to do.
If you LIKE my business page on Facebook, you will see a common thing happening on Fridays I call a “Friday Focus”. The topic varies by what you suggest or what comes to mind. My goal is to help YOU, the reader, to take away something valuable than you may not have considered before. If you want to contribute to an upcoming Friday Focus, please leave me a comment and we can make it happen.